Chef's Apple Enchiladas
2 cans Apple Pie Filling
12 ea. 8- inch Flour Tortilla Shells
1 Tbls. Cinnamon for sprinkling
8 ounces Butter
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup Water
White icing for drizzling
- Heat your oven to 350'
- Spray a 13" x 9" glass or metal dish.
- Spoon roughly 2 - 3 tablespoons of apple pie filling into the center of each tortilla shell.
- Sprinkle pie filling with cinnamon and roll up tucking in edges.
- Place the seam side down into your prepared pan.
- In a saucepan over medium / high heat combine butter, sugar, brown sugar and water.
- Bring sauce to a boil stirring continuously.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow sauce to cool slightly.
- Pour sauce over enchiladas and allow to sit for 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Make a white icing with a cup of powdered sugar, two drops of vanilla and a few drops of milk mixed in until you get a drizzling consistency.
- Place an enchilada on a plate and spoon warm sauce over the top.
- Use a fork to drizzle the icing over warm NOT hot enchiladas.
- Soften a can of your favorite vanilla icing in the microwave at about 5 second intervals.